Floppy Connect accomplishes the goal of replacing floppy disks on your shop floor. These floppy disks are hard to obtain and often unreliable, and with a floppy disk USB adapter, you can emulate your existing floppy disk with a multitude of other benefits. These models work with PCs and CNC machinery and there’s no modification to the equipment needed.
Types of Floppy Drive Emulators
At Shop Floor Automations, we sell and install various models of Floppy Drive Emulator, including:
Haas Floppy Drive Emulator
- Only for Haas machines
- Plug and Play Haas Floppy to USB functions
- Replace old Floppy disks with a USB Flash drive & still maintain Floppy procedures
- Off-the-shelf pricing
- Slide the old floppy drive out of the HAAS & slide in the SFA Floppy Emulator
- Hold the same amount of data on a USB drive that Floppy disk could
- Supports mills, lathes, and tool room CNCs
- Add USB to your old Haas at a low cost
Okuma Floppy Drive Emulator
- Only for Okuma machines
- Floppy Disk Drive Core Replacement
- Easy to install and use
- Transfer IGF Files to a USB stick
- Holds the same amount of data on a USB stick that Floppy disk does
Mazak Floppy Drive Emulator
- Emulates Mazak floppy actions
- Replaces old Floppy disks with a USB stick
- Low-cost Mazak floppy USB solution
- Easily installed hardware
- Handles Mazatrol (CMT) files
- Holds same data amount on a USB drive that floppy disk could
- Add USB to your Mazak at a low cost
- USA support with a toll-free number
Floppy Drive Emulator (Universal)
- Eliminate Floppy Disks
- Works with PCs or CNC machinery
- Interface to the existing ribbon cable
- No modification to the equipment needed
- Plugs into the floppy power connector
- Supports 720k/1.44MB capacity IBM
- Support Wired EDM, Mills, Lathes, Robots, & other types of equipment
If you are wondering how to choose the right Floppy Drive Emulator for your equipment, keep in mind that certain models are only spec’d for certain types of equipment. If you need help deciding what Floppy Drive Emulator is the best fit for your shop floor, Shop Floor Automations can help.
Contact Shop Floor Automations for help choosing and installing Floppy Drive Emulator!
If you are interested in implementing Floppy Drive Emulator at your facility, contact Shop Floor Automations today. We’ve helped automate thousands of machines and can help you do the same by eliminating the need for floppy disks. If you want to replace your floppy drives and upgrade your equipment without having to buy new machines, contact us today at (619) 461-4000 for assistance!
To learn more about the USB Connect hardware and shop equipment automation services that we offer to make your shop floor more efficient, visit us on the web at [website].