Terms of Service
The following is a list of terms and conditions the customer and Shop Floor Automations agrees to, in going through with any business transaction:
- Customer agrees that Shop Floor Automations (“SFA”) will only be obligated to complete any on-site services within the time allotment the customer has purchased so long as the customer has completed all the tasks listed on the pre-installation checklist (including the requirements) which is delivered by SFA prior to any onsite services. Upon the completion of on-site services, customer’s execution of the installation service report shall be the conclusive record that such services were completed to customer’s satisfaction. Customer shall provide sufficient internet connectivity to facilitate any web-based installation services.
- Travel expenses will be billed at actual cost and are not included in the quoted pricing. Expenses will be billed as they are incurred and billed on a separate invoice. Receipts are not submitted with the invoice unless requested by the customer. Travel expenses may include: hotel, rental car, tolls, parking, airfare, mileage and similar expenses.
- Mileage from SFA offices to and from Customer’s office will be billed at a rate of $0.65 per mile and is not included in the quote. Distances will be calculated using the www.maps.google.com website
- A per diem rate of $80.00 per technician per day will be billed.
- All software licenses are timed temporary until payment is received in full.
- Access to all appropriate machine tools is required to complete the installation. Failure to provide machine tool access may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- Access to appropriate servers, wireless access points, administrator accounts and passwords are required to complete an installation. Failure or delays in providing access may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- All machine tools, CNC controls and existing RS232 or Ethernet cables are required to be in good working order to complete the installation. Troubleshooting faulty machine tools, CNC controls, existing RS232 or Ethernet cables may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- For data collection systems, PLC’s require maintenance staff or other appropriate personnel with knowledge of valid electrical signals to identify connection points prior to installation. Failure or delays to provide valid electrical signals may cause delays and additional service time may be billed. PLC’s can only collect data for events that the machine tool or CNC makes available.
- Remote request operation requires a full keypad at each CNC to support end user’s file names.
- All servers, databases, PC’s, networking equipment and network cabling are required to be in good working order and virus-free to complete the installation. Troubleshooting faulty servers, databases, PC’s, networking equipment or networking cabling may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- RS232 cable(s) purchased will be shipped in advance of onsite installation. Stringing of RS232 cable(s) is the end user’s responsibility and must be completed prior to our arrival onsite. Failure to string cables properly or in advance may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- Serial hubs, wireless CNC adapters, wireless access points, PLC’s, or BTR cards require 110 single phase power within 3 feet of their installation. Installation of new power outlets must be completed prior to our arrival onsite. Failure to have available power outlets may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- Ethernet to serial network hubs require an IP address, gateway address, subnet masks and a network drop. Installation of new network drop must be completed prior to our arrival onsite. Failure to have network details or working network drop may cause installation delays and additional service time may be billed.
- A cancellation fee of $500 is billed for any changes to scheduling. This is in addition to any costs incurred such as airline ticket change fees.
- Product returns in the original packaging condition within 30 days of purchase will qualify for credit and is subject to a 15% restocking fee after shipping charges. SFA is responsible for ground shipping charges to ship repaired or replaced units after receiving the failed unit back from the customer. The customer is responsible for all charges to ship units to SFA. An RMA number must be obtained before shipping back the returned unit.
- Any applicable sales tax or shipping charges are in addition to quoted prices. Delinquent balances shall be assessed a late fee of 1.5% per month, as the parties agree that SFA’s actual losses caused by delinquent payments are impossible to calculate.
- All quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of the quote and are subject to change thereafter
- Customer agrees that all hardware purchased from SFA is sold subject to only the manufacturer’s warranty, and SFA provides no additional warranty beyond that provided by the manufacturer. Notwithstanding any services which SFA may agree to provide to customer to facilitate the manufacturer’s warranty, SFA shall provide no further services (i) after the manufacturer’s warranty expires, (ii) if hardware failure is due to its use with obsolete or incompatible software, or (iii) if hardware is damaged by the customer. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY WHICH SHALL BE CUSTOMER’S SOLE RECOURSE, SFA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED CONDITION OF QUALITY OF THE HARDWARE. SFA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE HARDWARE DOCUMENTATION WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE HARDWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND FORM THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICE CHARGED FOR THE GOODS.
- Customer agrees that all software purchased from SFA is sold subject to the developer’s license agreement, and SFA provides no additional warranty or rights beyond those provided by the Except as otherwise agreed under a separately purchased support services agreement, SFA shall bear no obligation to provide support for the use of the software although SFA may agree to provide support during the initial 30 days following the purchase of software. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THE DEVELOPER’S WARRANTY WHICH SHALL BE CUSTOMER’S SOLE RECOURSE, SFA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED CONDITION OF QUALITY OF THE SOFTWARE. SFA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND FORM THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICE CHARGED FOR THE GOODS.
- In no event, whether as a result of breach of contract, indemnity, warranty, tort (including any property damage, personal injury, or death, arising from the negligence or gross negligence of SFA), strict liability or otherwise, shall liability of SFA for any loss or damage arising out of, or resulting from sales of products or services to customer, exceed the price of the specific products or services as the case may be, which gives rise to the claim. In no event, whether as a result of breach of contract, indemnity, warranty, tort (including any property damage, personal injury, or death, arising from the negligence or gross negligence of providers), strict liability or otherwise, shall SFA, or their employees or affiliates be liable for any special, consequential, incidental or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profit or revenues, loss of data, loss of use of any associated equipment, damage to associated equipment, cost of capital, cost of substitute products, facilities, services or replacement power, downtime cost, or claims of customers of the customer for such damages whether foreseeable or not.
- Customer agrees that SFA’s sales and services shall not subject SFA’s officers, directors, principals, partners, employees, agents and any of them, to personal liability for the risk attendant to their involvement. Therefore, any and all remedies of Customer and Customer’s related individuals, business entities, vendees, or other successors concerning the sales and services performed shall be sought against only SFA, and in no event shall damages or indemnification ever be sought against SFA’s officers, directors, principals, partners, employees, agents and any of them, regardless of the kinds and causes of loss involved. Further, to the fullest extent allowed by law, including without limitation, situations involving actual or alleged “active negligence,” Customer shall indemnify SFA’s officers, directors, principals, partners, employees, agents and any of them, in the event any of them are ever subject to personal liability concerning its sales and services.
- Any disputes between the parties shall be governed by and construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree to attempt to resolve any and all disputes, claims or controversies through good faith written negotiations prior to pursuing any dispute resolution pursuant to this section. The parties agree that any and all disputes, claims or controversies equal to or exceeding $10,000 arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for mediation, and, if the matter is not resolved through mediation, then it shall be submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for final and binding arbitration. Judgment upon any award resulting from such arbitration may be entered and enforced in a court having proper jurisdiction. Any such mediation or arbitration shall be held in San Diego, CA, or such other location as the parties may agree in writing.
- Customer may not assign any of its rights under any of its agreements for the purchase and sale of goods and services from SFA without the written consent of SFA.
- No provision of these Terms & Conditions may be amended or modified except by an instrument in writing executed by all the parties hereto.
- Warranty & Returns Policies
- Shipping & Payment Guidelines
- Have a concern? Contact us
Founded back in 1998, we started as a small company focused on distributing the Predator Software product line to the San Diego and Los Angeles markets in California. Within 6 months, we expanded to cover the entire West Coast as a reseller with the goal to be the #1 reseller of the year.
The goal was met in 1999 when SFA was awarded the status of the largest distributor of Predator Software in North America. We have been ranked #1 in Predator Software Sales, Service, and Support for the many consecutive years.
SFA has become the industry leader in Shop Floor Communications and Machine Monitoring Solutions – totally redefining what “Shop Floor Automation” solutions should be. With thousands of customers from across the United States, Mexico, Canada, Europe, and Asia, we were called upon by other vendors to provide other solutions that could be met by our knowledge, support and sales experience of the manufacturing industry.
Call (877) 611-5825 for more info
ABOUT SHOP FLOOR AUTOMATIONS
Founded in 1998, we have delivered on our promise to thousands of customers with proven software from Scytec, Ascendant Technologies & Predator Software. We have automated thousands of manufacturing machines with hardware while partnering with numerous companies to increase shop floor efficiencies & profits.
2022 © Copyright – Shop Floor Automations
5360 Jackson Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(877) 611-5825 Toll Free
(619) 461-4000 Main
Our business hours:
7 AM to 4 PM Pacific Time
Monday to Friday