Install Portable USB Connect to Upgrade Your Older Shop Floor Equipment
Staying ahead of the competition is essential in today’s competitive environment and updating your shop floor equipment is the way to do that. If you want to eliminate old technology on your CNC machines without having to buy new machines, the USB Connect series can help. With USB Connect, you can increase program storage, drip-feed to CNCs, and store large part programs.
Portable USB Connect Tech Specs
Interested in the tech specs for the Portable USB Connect? Keep reading to learn more!
- Protocols Supported: Xon/Xoff, software handshaking, RTS/CTS hardware handshaking & X-modem
- Supports drip-feed for the above Protocols (if CNC has function active)
- Baud Rates: 1200 – 115,200 supported
- Configurable Data/Parity/Stop Bits
- Includes 4 Line Display & AC Power Supply
- Optional FANUC Power cable can be used for FANUC controls
- Also supports Fadal X-modem/Fadal file transfers and Haas X-modem
- Includes Thumb Drive (can use any brand/size)
- Mid-tape restart
- Connects to RS232 serial port on CNC & no special software required
- Configurable Line Delay & EOB CR/LF
- 1 Year Warranty with free phone Support for device
- Quick Setup Guide & Complete Operation Manual
- Compared to the Pendant USB, it saves four hours of time not needed for installation & does not need to be dedicated to one machine
Other USB Connect Models to Consider
If Portable USB Connect doesn’t seem like the right hardware for your facility, there are other models to consider as well, including:
USB Connect Pendant Model
- Easy to install pendant mount
- Includes 4 line LCD display & 1GB Thumb Drive
- Mid-tape start with search function, end of block character control, & more
- Connects via RS232 serial port with USB directory listing
- Eliminates the need for expensive memory upgrades
- Software, Hardware & Xmodem flow control for any CNC
USB Connect Switchbox Model
- Built-in Switchbox function controls data flow into CNC machine from PC
- Allows machine serial port to feed between external cable connection & USB Pendant device
- Pendant USB Connect & secondary system connects to the serial port on CNC Machine
- Operator can load from USB Drive to CNC when external Serial port device is down
USB Connect Mazak Model
- Pendant mount USB Connect – Mazak model controller
- For Mazatrol (CMT) programs
- Comes with 1GB USB Flash Drive
Contact Shop Floor Automations for help with Portable USB Connect!
If you want to utilize Portable USB Connect or any of the other USB Connect models, contact Shop Floor Automations today. We have over years of experience when it comes to automating shop floor equipment and we’ll be happy to help you do the same. Take advantage of the ability to drip-feed to CNC machines and load and save programs with Portable USB Connect by calling us today at (619) 461-4000!
To learn more about the USB Connect hardware and shop equipment automation services that we offer to make your shop floor more efficient, visit us on the web at Shop Floor Automations.