Known for their ability to streamline shop floor processes, boost productivity, and generally make your manufacturing process easier, industry leaders rely on DNC software across the board. However, when it comes to determining the best DNC software for your specific needs, it can be challenging to sort through all the information and confusion out there. To help facilitate the process, we’ve compiled this brief overview of a few of the DNC software options which exist and how you can determine which best suits your needs.
First, What Are Those Needs?
When you think of ways your shop floor could improve efficiency, what are some of the first strategies that come to mind? Some of the most common problems DNC software provides solutions pertain to:
- Difficulties with the ability to integrate your software on legacy equipment.
- A lack of transparency in your CNC network security.
- Concerns over the elevated costs associated with upgrading older equipment
- Obstacles integrating existing equipment with other applications in the future, including machine monitoring, tool management, and paperless manufacturing options.
If any of these concerns resonate with you, a quality DNC software can be the answer.
Next, What is Your Budget?
While we never recommend deciding on a solution based on price alone, determining your budget prior to the shopping process is a great first step in finding the best DNC software. Luckily, a wide range of options exist, so finding a great product that meets your budgetary and capability requirements will be possible.
Top DNC Software Programs Compared
3.) CIMCO DNC-Max
Designed to keep things simple while retaining function, CIMCO DNC-Max Software is a nice option for everyone from small shops to large corporate enterprises. You have the ability to access this software from both desktop and mobile devices, helping you easily access information at any time. CIMCO DNC software has the added benefit of seamless integration with CIMCO editing software and offers a wide range of CNC and hardware compatibility. However, while this software is a decent product for the price, there are several other options with additional capabilities for even further benefit.
2.) Ascendant eXtremeDNC
The first 32-bit, multi-threaded, multi-tasking, and open architecture application for the DNC market, this software ensures future compatibility, reliability, and seamless operation for all Windows based operating systems and respective network environments.
Additional offers include:
- Reliable RS232 communication via wireless & wired connections
- Support for most CNC controls
- The ability to self-install or implement onsite
- Support for Windows 10, 7, Server 2016/2019 – 32-bit & 64-bit systems
- Premier service provider for over 10 years
A top solution for client/server installations, visit our Ascendant eXtremeDNC Software page to learn more.
1.) Predator DNC Software
At number one on our list is Predator DNC software. One of the most rigorous and advanced DNC software options available, Predator DNC allows you to network all CNCs, EDMs, PLCs, & robots with a singular DNC package.
Additional features include:
- Eliminated walking time to & from CNC to PC
- Fast and simple server / client configuration
- Support for major CNC protocols, including Mazatrol (CMT), Okuma B, and Xmodem
- Send, receive, or drip-feed hundreds of machines from a single server/computer
- Highly flexible connectivity options include wireless, serial RS232, Ethernet, & USB
- Eliminate More Server, FileZilla, CuteFTP, NetShare, and other similar software using SecureDNC
- Windows 10, 7, and Server 2019 and 2016 are also supported.
If you’d like to check out the benefits of Predator DNC software for yourself, Shop Floor Automations offers a 30-day free trial. Give yourself a risk free way to see software in action at your shop; visit our Predator Software Downloads page and try it out for yourself.
Selecting & Integrating DNC Software with Shop Floor Automations
If you are looking to install DNC software at your facility, Shop Floor Automations can help. We have years of experience and a skilled team able to provide excellent support for you at every turn. If you would like our guidance on which software is best for you, or are ready to get started on your project, give us a call today at (619) 461-4000.