Utilize USB Connect Portable to Back Up Your DNC Network and Improve Efficiency
If you are looking for a way to improve your shop floor efficiency and eliminate outdated technology on your CNC machines, USB Connect is a great tool. By adding USB to your CNC machine, you can increase program storage and breathe new life into legacy equipment. The great news about USB Connect is that there are several models available, including USB Connect Portable.
What is the USB Connect Portable?
USB Connect Portable is as the name suggests, an easy-to-use, portable version of USB Connect. This communication device comes with DNC firmware and can increase your CNC memory, allowing you to drip feed to almost any CNC Machine. In addition, USB Connect Portable offers the following features:
- Rugged aluminum enclosure with 4 line LCD display
- Portable DNC box with USB directory listing drip-feed operation
- Mid-tape start with search function
- Software, Hardware & Xmodem flow control
- End of block character control & optional delay
- Start/End of transmission character
- Comes complete with cable, USB stick and power supply
What are the technical specs of the Portable USB Connect
For those wondering what the technical specs of Portable USB Connect are, you will not be disappointed. From high Baud Rates and a 4 Line Display, USB Connect Portable has what you need, including:
- Protocols Supported: Xon/Xoff, software handshaking, RTS/CTS hardware handshaking & X-modem
- Supports drip-feed for the above Protocols (if CNC has function active)
- Baud Rates: 1200 – 115,200 supported
- Configurable Data/Parity/Stop Bits
- Includes 4 Line Display & AC Power Supply
- Optional FANUC Power cable can be used for FANUC controls
- Also supports Fadal X-modem/Fadal file transfers and Haas X-modem
- Includes Thumb Drive (can use any brand/size)
- Mid-tape restart
- Connects to RS232 serial port on CNC & no special software required
- Configurable Line Delay & EOB CR/LF
- 1 Year Warranty with free phone Support for device
- Quick Setup Guide & Complete Operation Manual
- Compared to the USB Connect Pendant, it saves four hours not needed for installation & does not need to be dedicated to one machine
Contact Shop Floor Automations for help implementing USB Connect Portable today!
With over years of experience, you can trust the skilled team at Shop Floor Automations to help you implement USB Connect Portable. This communication device is great for loading and saving programs from your CNC memory and can be used to drip-feed to almost any CNC machine. With USB Connect Portable, you can improve your shop floor efficiency and your bottom line. Give us a call today at (619) 461-4000 to discuss the process and cost to implement USB Connect Portable in your facility.
To learn more about the software and hardware solutions we offer to improve your shop floor efficiency, visit us on the web at Shop Floor Automations.