The LAN-USB Connect
Add USB & Ethernet to your Machine
- Easy to install on your CNC
- 4 line LCD display with USB port
- Includes 16GB USB memory stick
- Includes RJ45 Ethernet port to link to a network
- No special software, use FTP protocol built-in to Windows Explorer
- Transfer NC program files to/from the LAN Connect’s 16GB storage from any computer
- Send, receive to the CNC memory using high speed baud rates
- Drip feed to your CNC if your controller has limited memory
- Mid-tape start with search function, end of block character control, & more
- Connects via RS232 serial on CNC
- Unlimited folders for part programs
- Directory listing
- Eliminate expensive memory upgrades
- Software, hardware & Xmodem flow control support
- Includes RS232 cable for your CNC
- 1 Year Warranty
- Lifetime support in USA
Please give us a call to purchase.
Without having to install any special software, you can drag and drop files to/from your CNC data server. Utilize an Ethernet connection via the FTP protocol. No logon is required from the machinist, with the added benefit of being able to execute program commands via the device’s pendant (4-line, backlit LCD display). Enjoy network outage protection via a local server to CNC connection that does not rely on your shop floor’s network.
The USB portion of this product acts as an interface between USB flash drives (FAT or FAT16 format) and any CNC control that has a working RS232 port. Machine programs drip-feed from the USB, are sent from the CNC memory to the flash drive, or transfer via USB to the CNC memory.
Flexible CNC communication firmware is built-in, which allows for connection to a large variety of machine tool controls. With the LAN-USB Connect, the entire program is stored at the machine, and the device responds instantaneously to CNC data flow changes.
This device will help you hang on to your legacy machine for a longer time period, which saves money versus retrofitting the machine with new controllers or having to invest in a new machine. The LAN-USB replaces cost-prohibitive OEM memory needs or having to contact the machine tool builder from adding USB at a heavy cost to you.
Position this device on the control – this allows the machine to run at maximum baud rate. The machinist will not have to trek back and forth from the DNC PC to the machine in order to engage machine operation.
Works with a majority of CNC controls on the market which have a serial port. Tested with Haas, Hurco, Fadal, Mitsubishi, Mori Seiki, Okuma, Siemens, and more. It will work for Mazak EIA files, but for Mazatrol CMT files, we recommend the Mazak LAN Connect. Ask us about a “headless” version of the LAN-USB Connect, or a low-cost wireless version.
Want more LAN-USB info, but you’re not ready to buy?
Sign up for a hardware info request!
- Ethernet speed: 10/100
- Protocols: Software handshaking, hardware handshaking and X-modem
- Supports drip-feed for the above Protocols (if the CNC has that function active)
- Baud Rates: 1200 – 115,200 supported
- 4 Line Display
- Stand-alone DNC transfer box solution
- Power requirements: Pigtail lead for powering from 90 AC – 240 AC power
- Drag and drop files to and from Windows Explorer or FTP software to the CNC
- No special Software Required
- Connects to the RS232 serial port on your CNC Machine