About this Device
- Add Ethernet functionality to any CNC machine tool with an RS232 serial port
- No special software, use FTP protocol built-in to Windows Explorer
- Transfer NC program files to/from the LAN Connect’s 8GB storage from any computer
- Send, receive to the CNC memory using high-speed baud rates
- Drip feed to your CNC if your controller has limited memory
- Connect via standard Ethernet cabling
- Eliminate data loss, comm port issues, and software compatibility conflicts
- Go wireless by adding a wireless bridge to the unit (sold separately)
Please give us a call to purchase.
Without having to install any special software, you can drag and drop files to/from your file server to the LANConnect. Utilizing an Ethernet connection via the FTP protocol, you can now link your legacy CNC to your network. With the LAN Connect, programs can be stored on the 8 GB onboard memory, and then instantaneously transfer to CNC memory or drip fed if needed. Built-in user/password login meet security requirements, but optionally disable this feature to eliminate the machinist login if desired. A 4-line LCD display that is backlit allows you to see a directory of files on the device, send, receive or DNC with a few buttons pushes.
This device will revive your legacy machine enabling it to connect over a network, which saves money versus retrofitting the machine with new controller or even purchasing a new CNC. The LAN Connect replaces cost-prohibitive OEM memory and will save you time transferring part programs vs walking around the shop floor. The machinist will not have to walk back and forth to a computer any longer and make you money!
Mounting the LAN Connect on the control allows the machine to run at maximum baud rate because the RS232 cable is only 15ft (4.57 m). You configure the unit one time with the baud rate, handshake and any special characters that may need to be sent prior to transferring the NC program. Commonly we see files without % or $ at the top of the program or % missing at the bottom, and this unit can clean up the file prior to loading. Should you break a tool and need to do a mid-tape restart if drip feeding, this is supported as well. Drip feed your CNC at high speeds, with X modem on Haas or Fadal to eliminate any potential crashes and eliminate computers running legacy operating systems and comm port issues.
The flexible CNC communication firmware is built-in, which allows for connecting a large variety of machine tool controls. The device works with virtual any CNC control on the market with a RS232 serial port. Tested with Haas, Fanuc, Hurco, Fadal, Mitsubishi, Mori Seiki, Okuma, Yasnac, Matsurra, Siemens, and more. We even support Mazak! For Mazaks using Mazatrol/CMT files, we recommend the Mazak LAN Connect. You can even go wireless with the unit with any wireless adapter ($200 or less).
The unit includes the display, main board, 15ft serial cable, power lead pigtail to power the unit. All documentation is included on how to install it, operating manual, 1-year warranty and technical support. Support includes a live person to talk with or email in the USA. Made in the America and recommended by machine tool dealers and service technicians.
Talk to a live person – not an email
Ready to order?
Call (877) 611-5825
Still have technical questions?
Want to discuss your application?
Fill out our inquiry form
- Ethernet speed: 10/100 MPS
- Protocols: Software, hardware, and X-modem handshaking
- Supports drip-feed for the above Protocols (assumes your CNC has this functionality)
- Baud Rates: 1200 – 115,200K supported
- 4 Line Display – allows directory and file selection, easy to read!
- Stand-alone DNC transfer box solution; eliminate PC, Software, Maintenance Contract
- Power requirements: Pigtail lead for powering from 90 AC – 240 AC power
- Drag and drop files to and from Windows Explorer or any FTP software to the CNC
- No special Software Required
- Connects to the RS232 serial port on your CNC Machine
- Complete install and operating manual included
- 1- Year Warranty with Live Technical Support in the USA (Phone/Email)
- Made in the USA – Buy American
Looked at the competition?
Why we beat them hands down!
- Nothing proprietary – no special software, limitations, or work arounds
- 4 Line Display vs no display, don’t you want to know what you’re sending?
- Part program names stay the same; don’t rename them to transfer them
- 8 GB of storage! That’s a lot of NC programs and not just 256K.
- Connect any machine with RS232, not just 4-5 brands
- Any baud rate – not just 9600 baud or slower
- X modem included for drip feeds, don’t risk a scrap part
- Simple to use and install – complete manual with pictures
- Live technical phone support – not just some email address
- English and Spanish language spoken with 20+ yrs in business
- Made in the USA – 1-Year Warranty
- By direct and not on EBay