Shop Floor Automations Technician Position
Not currently seeking candidates. Read the job description – if you’re ready to get started, send in your resume if you want to join SFA as a Support Technician.
Job Title: Support Technician
Pay: Hourly, $18.00
City: La Mesa, CA
Position type: Full time, exempt
Do you like machines? Mechanical things? Are you the “go-to” person about computers with your friends who need tech support? Do you like to tinker and keep busy? Do you like to work with your hands? This might be the career for you.
The Support Technician at Shop Floor Automations helps our customers in the manufacturing industry be more efficient and productive. You would play an integral part of that role as you would be remotely installing software and hardware and providing technical support. Our technicians interface with Haas, Fanuc, Okuma and dozens of other CNC machines as well as the customer’s network.
We are currently looking for a Full Time, Support Technician in San Diego County. The job is a technical position, which requires expertise with computers, attention to detail, hands-on with industrial machine tools, professionalism, problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position will require approximately 10% travel to manufacturing sites, anywhere in the United States and occasionally Mexico, and Canada. We are headquartered in La Mesa, CA and service customers across the United States.
- Installs software, hardware and provides licensing via phone/web.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting software and technical issues via phone/web.
- Educate customers on best practices and provide forward-thinking solutions.
- Provide general Windows operating system troubleshooting with hardware and networking.
- Install device drivers; configure networks, gateways, subnet masks, both wired and wireless.
- Communicate with internal sales executives on the progress of projects.
- Meet deadlines for projects, follow-up with customers on open issues, and feedback to management.
- Excel in phone etiquette, customer service and professionalism.
- Hands-on making of cables, connectors, soldering, crimping, following schematics.
- Provide service reports, documentation of implementation, manuals and other guides as needed.
- Respond to incoming emails from customers/staff regarding technical issues, challenges and ideas.
- Responds to customer calls, emails and provides web support to customers on software product and hardware solutions. Updates CRM system and support ticket system as resolved, opened or pending.
- Performs onsite support services for Field Technicians for and software/hardware installation at customer’s site.
- Involves travel to the customer’s site. Mostly local or regional. Overnight stays in hotels.
- Company laptop and vehicle are provided.
- Hotel points, per diem, and other perks when traveling.
- Travel expenses paid by the company with company credit card.
- Performs various assigned duties (such as support documentation, production of hardware such as wiring cables and adapters etc.).
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and able to share their knowledge with customers and team members.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in Customer Service
- Ability to lift or push 50 pounds
- Understands how to repair computers, build PCs, AKA computer guru
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong documentation, verbal and personal communication skills
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Help desk / technical support line experiences
- Proficiency in a Windows operating systems
- Knows how to configure a wireless/wired network, IP addresses, gateway, etc.
- Familiarity with CNC machines and the manufacturing industry
- Healthcare coverage from Kaiser Permanente – includes dental plan
- Employee will pay 10% of monthly premium (subject to change)
- Healthcare starts beginning of the month after hiring date
- Additional benefits once probationary period ends are a Simple IRA plan which includes a 3% match from SFA, as well as paid time off
- Paid time off (PTO) accrued at a rate of 2.154 hours per pay period (biweekly) with increases over time
- More benefits, which will be discussed via a review of the SFA handbook
Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs., typically a tool bag or inventory etc. There is significant use of hands and arms while installing hardware onsite, running serial cables and mounting equipment. There can be long periods of standing or walking. The travel component requires the individual to carry bags, stay overnight away from home and manage the entire travel process. This position is based in La Mesa, CA.
Submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
SFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to those looking for a career.
All positions are subject to background checks and drug tests.