Does DataXchange support FANUC FOCAS? Yes. How can I check to see if I have FANUC FOCAS?
FANUC FOCAS is a set of library files (.dll), that can be accessed by applications to retrieve most of the information inside of the CNC. The FANUC FOCAS function is normally accessed by using Ethernet or HSSB.
Common data that is available through the FOCAS are CNC state (running, idle, alarm), part count information, program name, number, size, and date modified, tool and work offsets, alarm number and text, feed overrides, parameters, positional data, spindle speed and Modal data.
In order to see if you have FANUC FOCAS available on your CNC, is to first check if you have Ethernet. To do that follow these steps:
- Press the [SYSTEM] hard key
- Press [>] approximately 5 times until you see *ETHEPRM*
- Press [ETHRM] soft key, followed by [OPRT]
- This will display the ethernet connections available
- Select a connection (normally EMBEDD or BOARD)
- Press the [DOWN] hard key. (page 2)
- This should display FOCAS / ETHERNET
If those steps took you to the Ethernet page and/or the FOCAS page, then you’re good to go!
A FOCAS Library tool has been developed by Predator Software, to determine if these libraries are installed and activated on the FANUC controlled CNC machine tool. By downloading, installing and connecting your machine to the network, you will be able to verify.
Got FOCAS? Test your machine with the Predator FOCAS tester