Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Pay: Hourly, $20.00 DOE
City: La Mesa, CA
Position type: Full time OR Part time
Work with a small, dedicated, problem solving Support team. Learn about the manufacturing industry from the ground up and how technology plays a role in the future of it plus much more!
Are you curious about technology? Obsessed with making customer’s happy? Do you enjoy taking initiative and exceeding expectations? Here at SFA, the Support Team is what sets up apart from the competition.
We are looking for candidate’s with passion and experience with technology and support. To be successful in this role, you must be able to be independent, able to follow work instructions and procedures, and self-motivated. You’ll also have the desire to ensure customer issues are resolved as expeditiously and completely as possible. Attention to detail is a must. Business Hours are M-F 7am-4pm.
- Respond to inbound phone and email requests from external customers
- Make outbound calls based on designated priority
- Identify problems, research answers, and guide customers through corrective steps via phone, email, or videoconference
- Make detailed entries in the Help Desk ticketing system to provide continuity of service across the Support team
- Such as tracking, escalating, resolving and closing issues and support tickets
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining clients’ business
- Additionally, some requests may include
- Processing of orders or inventory
- Production or assembly of cables, including soldering and crimping following diagrams
- Documentation of procedures and protocols
- Other tasks as requested
- Experience in
- Business-to-business (B2B) Help Desk or Technical Support
- Improvised Troubleshooting equipment, hardware or software
- MS Office Products
- Windows operating systems
- Ability to:
- Retain most technical knowledge and know where to reference the rest
- Use logical and critical thinking methodology to solve problems
- Prioritize tasks based on available resources vs urgency or circumstances
- Work and solve problems independently while knowing when to escalate issue to a higher level of support
- Extract pertinent information from customers in difficult situations so that you can help them
- Educate customers on best practices and provide forward-thinking solutions.
- Quickly pick up new software from a User perspective
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines, and contribute when appropriate
- Maintain attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Work at a desk in an office environment all day
- Communicate well verbally and in writing
- Pass background checks and drug tests
- Work in the United States legally
- Work and Education Experience:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution
- 2 years in Help Desk or Technical Support
Preferred Experience in:
- Phone based Customer Service
- Technical documentation
- Maintenance of a Knowledge Base
- Help Desk ticketing systems like ZenDesk, Zoho Desk, ServiceNow, etc.
- Wireless/Wired Networking
- Remote Support tools like TeamViewer, LogMeIn, WebEx, etc.
- CRM’s like Salesforce, Zoho, HubSpot etc.
- Enterprise Networks
- Firewalls and Ethernet
- Legacy OS such as Win 95/NT
- VB Scripting
- A manufacturing / CNC machining environment
- Customer Service for 1 year
- Conversational Spanish
Benefits for Full time position ONLY:
- Healthcare coverage from Kaiser Permanente – includes dental plan
- Employee will pay 15% of monthly premium (subject to change)
- Healthcare starts beginning of the month after hiring date
- 401k plan for eligible employees which includes a 3% match from SFA
- Paid time off (PTO) for eligible employees that increases over time
- More benefits, which will be discussed via a review of the SFA handbook
Employee must be able to lift 40 lbs., typically a tool bag or inventory etc. There can be long periods of sitting. This position is based in La Mesa, CA.
Shop Floor Automations (SFA) is a national service provider to the manufacturing industry focusing on software and hardware integration to improve the performance, efficiency and longevity of heavy manufacturing equipment such as CNC machines and more.
We have a relaxed office environment located in La Mesa, CA and have been in business since 1998. Located close to SDSU and Grossmont College.
Our small and friendly atmosphere is demonstrated by the length of service of many of our employees. Some over 10 or 20 years.
Our standards of excellence are demonstrated by our standing as top software reseller of multiple software lines year after year.
SFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All positions are subject to background checks and drug tests.