The USB Connect Pendant Mount is a USB to CNC communication device that can be used to load and save programs from your CNC Memory and drip-feed to most CNC Machines. The USB Connect contains its own DNC firmware and requires no other device or components to work.
The device comes with all the components for the customer to install on your CNC machine. The USB Connect Pendant Mount includes 2GB USB Flash Drive Stick, a panel mount USB connector/waterproof cap, display, USB cable, & a power cable. Powers by 7-28vDC from CNC. Supports up to 16GB USB flash drives.
This hardware solution becomes part of the CNC control and there is no external cabling or power to worry about. Supports the High-speed Baud rates that Haas and Fadal controls offer. The USB Connect will work on most CNC Controls that support standard serial protocols.
Among the Controls that this will work with: Siemens, Anilam machines, Bridgeport machines, Cincinnati’s, Fadal, FANUC, Haas, Yasnac, Brother machines, Mitsubishi, and others. Please call Sales at 877-611-5825 to confirm if your specific control will work with this device.
Drip-feed those large files from your memory device or DNC. Did you know that you do not need a CNC software or hardware update in order to use this device? A new feature available soon is email alerts from this device whenever there is a production issue with your machine.
Note* All manuals for this product are on the USB Stick provided with this order. Email alert features may not be available for all Ethernet versions.
Check out some photos of where and how we have installed the USB Connect via our Facebook page
OTHER USB CONNECT TYPES:
Mazak USB Connect
Switch Box USB Connect
Related products: LAN Connect & DNC Software
More about setting up a USB Connect Pendant Mounts from our YouTube Transcripts page:
Today, we’re going to talk about the configuration of your USB Connect. As you can see from the main menu, you have four items. CNC to USB, which would mean to save from the CNC. You have USB to CNC, which means we’re going to send from this unit into the CNC control. We have DNC for drip feeding, and then we have “Set Up.”
The first thing every person should do when they get the unit is to go to “Set Up,” and you need to just scroll through all these items. The first item you need to do is set up your baud rate to match your CNC machine. You can go up and down using the variety of buttons to choose the appropriate baud rate that your CNC machine is set to.
The next item is going to be “Data” “Parity” and “Stop” bits. You need to choose the appropriate one to match your CNC machine. Next is the “Flow Control,” or as some people call it, the “Software Handshaking.” You need to choose the appropriate method, and then you will go to the next item, which is EOB Delay, which is End of Block Delay. You can choose anywhere from no delay, all the way up to one second. What this does will slow down the transfer on certain controls that it is required.
The next item is “EOB Characters, that is End of Block Characters You need to choose the appropriate combination that your control is using. Line Feed Carriage Return options will be listed, even non-binary. The last items are “Start Tx” – this is a character that you put at the beginning of the file and as you can see, we have choices of Siemens, for the Siemens control, we have none, null characters, and percent signs. Then, you have “End Tx” characters – this will be the character that is embedded at the end of the file. We have percent signs, null characters, none and EOT, and no change. The last item you are going to do is the automatic. We want to leave it at “automatic,” unless you’re directed [otherwise] by someone at Shop Floor Automations.
Click either “Brochure” to learn about the Pendant USB Connect vs the Portable USB Connect.
Delivery and Returns Information
- Most products are stock items and can ship same day if the order is received before 1:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- For large quantity orders, please contact our sales staff for availability and delivery schedule estimation.
- All orders are shipped FOB San Diego. For international order, any duties, taxes, and broker fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient customer.
- UPS is our only shipping carrier, and other carriers will delay shipments. We will ship on your UPS Account if available. Please refer to UPS Website for terms and conditions and guarantee delivery times to your location.
Please inform our Customer Service department immediately if your merchandise arrives damaged. Retain all original packaging and shipping boxes. Proof of damage - usually in the form of digital photographs - is required to confirm a damage claim.
- Product returns in the original packaging condition within 30 days of purchase will qualify for a credit and is subject to a 15% restocking fee and less shipping charge. Shop Floor Automations is responsible for ground shipping charge to ship repaired or replaced units after receiving the failed unit back to the customer. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs to Shop Floor Automations. An RMA number must be obtained before shipping back the returned unit.
- Any unauthorized item or Product will be refused, or the entire shipment may be refused.
- Open and licensed software is not returnable.
- Product failed and reported within 72 hours after receiving will be considered as a DOA product.
- The customer can request to purchase a new unit for replacement and to return the failed unit for credit without a restocking fee charge. It is the customer's responsibility for all shipping costs.
- Shop Floor Automations provides a 90-day warranty on all Products purchased from Shop Floor Automations unless otherwise stated. It is the Buyer's responsibility to directly receive the manufacturer's warranty service from the product manufacturer after the first one year.
- The warranty does not extend beyond the original Buyer of Products from Shop Floor Automations. Shop Floor Automations shall have no obligation to the Buyer with respect to providing any warranty on any Products for which Shop Floor Automations has not received full payment from the Buyer.
- Shop Floor Automations does not warrant any Products that have been subject to improper use, abuse or physical damage, alterations, modifications, additions, improvements, installation, or attachments. Removal of any serial number or warranty labels will also void such warranty of Product.
RMA Return Instructions
- Please contact Shop Floor Automations via phone or email to obtain an RMA approval.
- RMA number shall be issued by the Application Engineer and with an email sent to the customer. The RMA number is valid for 30 days.
- Please mark the RMA No. on every package to be returned. All returned merchandise must have this pre-assigned number. Otherwise, Shop Floor Automations has the right to refuse it.
- All static-sensitive parts must be packaged in an anti-static bag. Shop Floor Automations reserves the right to refuse RMA service and return the item(s) to the senders that do not follow this requirement.
- Ship your defective product prepaid in original packaging with a copy of the RMA email. All claims for incomplete, defective, and missing accessories or products must be made within 72 Hours once merchandise is received.
- You will receive an email stating when the RMA has been closed with notification of action taken.