Why use the Predator EditLock System?
- Control Edits of G-code on machine tools
- Eliminate Physical Edit Keys
- UnLock > Send to CNC > Lock
- Automatic Cycle Start Lock
- Report Lock and UnLock Activity
- Integrates with Predator DNC
- Integrates with Predator PDM
- Lock and UnLock CNC Machines from Predator DNC & PDM
- Extends CNC File Management
- Supports most CNC Machines with EditLock key switches
- Maintenance Disconnect
- Easy DIN Rail Mounting
Predator EditLock Operation
Predator EditLock enables the EditLock Keyswitch functions on the CNC to be controlled via commands in the Predator DNC and PDM Software. It can be setup as a single standalone EditLock command, or as an automated function that is part of the File Load command in Predator DNC.
Predator EditLock Key Features
- Works with any CNC control that has an “EditLock” or “Memory Protect” keyswitch.
- Installs in machine CNC cabinet.
- Maintenance toggle switch to enable the system to be deactivated.
- Option to tie in Cycle Start signal.
- Remote controlled via Predator DNC or Predator PDM.
- Enables the logging of when the control is locked or unlocked by an operator on the floor.
- EditLock Unit can be externally powered via the110/240VAC (input) power supply, or directly powered via an internal24VDC power source inside the machine tool cabinet.
- EditLock Unit has optional 5VDC, 12VDC and 24VDC relays for input and output signals.
- The PCL Control holds the Ladder program that determines the function of the unit.
- The Disconnect Toggle Switch enables the end-user to switch between the hardware switch on the control (orginal OEM funcations) and software control in Predator DNC and PDM.
- The INPUT Relay(s) are used to capture the Cycle Start signal(s) from the CNC machine control.
- The OUTPUT Relay(s) are used to control the EditLock functions when the unit is under software control.
How does it work:
Predator EditLock enables the EditLock keyswitch functions on the CNC to be controlled via commands in Predator DNC and/or PDM software. It can be set up as a single standalone EditLock command or as an automated function that’s part of the File Load command in Predator DNC.
Scan barcode on the traveler containing the NC program name and select “Read or Input” on the CNC control to receive the part program, which is loaded into the controller. Optionally, change program offsets and then press Cycle Start. No further edits can be made.
Use a barcode to force the EditLock to “unlock” to enable the modification of the NC program when necessary or allow offsets to be changed. Optionally, use the DNC client or PDM interface to trigger as well.
Eliminate the operator from modifying the proven NC program that’s signed off and being “tweaked” on the shop floor. Every transfer to the machine using the Predator EditLock System is logged to generate a report when the device is locked and unlocked, and data is transmitted to the machine tool. The solution extends CNC file management and compliance with ISO standards used in the aerospace, automotive, and medical industries.
· Windows 10 – Requires v11
· Windows 2012 Server
· Windows 8
· Windows 7
· Windows 2008 Server
· Windows Vista
· Windows 2003 Server
· Windows XP
Got a question about Predator EditLock? Visit our FAQ section or Contact Support!
Delivery and Returns Information
- Most products are stock items and can ship same day if the order is received before 1:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- For large quantity orders, please contact our sales staff for availability and delivery schedule estimation.
- All orders are shipped FOB San Diego. For international order, any duties, taxes, and broker fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient customer.
- UPS is our only shipping carrier, and other carriers will delay shipments. We will ship on your UPS Account if available. Please refer to UPS Website for terms and conditions and guarantee delivery times to your location.
Please inform our Customer Service department immediately if your merchandise arrives damaged. Retain all original packaging and shipping boxes. Proof of damage - usually in the form of digital photographs - is required to confirm a damage claim.
- Product returns in the original packaging condition within 30 days of purchase will qualify for a credit and is subject to a 15% restocking fee and less shipping charge. Shop Floor Automations is responsible for ground shipping charge to ship repaired or replaced units after receiving the failed unit back to the customer. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs to Shop Floor Automations. An RMA number must be obtained before shipping back the returned unit.
- Any unauthorized item or Product will be refused, or the entire shipment may be refused.
- Open and licensed software is not returnable.
- Product failed and reported within 72 hours after receiving will be considered as a DOA product.
- The customer can request to purchase a new unit for replacement and to return the failed unit for credit without a restocking fee charge. It is the customer's responsibility for all shipping costs.
- Shop Floor Automations provides a 90-day warranty on all Products purchased from Shop Floor Automations unless otherwise stated. It is the Buyer's responsibility to directly receive the manufacturer's warranty service from the product manufacturer after the first one year.
- The warranty does not extend beyond the original Buyer of Products from Shop Floor Automations. Shop Floor Automations shall have no obligation to the Buyer with respect to providing any warranty on any Products for which Shop Floor Automations has not received full payment from the Buyer.
- Shop Floor Automations does not warrant any Products that have been subject to improper use, abuse or physical damage, alterations, modifications, additions, improvements, installation, or attachments. Removal of any serial number or warranty labels will also void such warranty of Product.
RMA Return Instructions
- Please contact Shop Floor Automations via phone or email to obtain an RMA approval.
- RMA number shall be issued by the Application Engineer and with an email sent to the customer. The RMA number is valid for 30 days.
- Please mark the RMA No. on every package to be returned. All returned merchandise must have this pre-assigned number. Otherwise, Shop Floor Automations has the right to refuse it.
- All static-sensitive parts must be packaged in an anti-static bag. Shop Floor Automations reserves the right to refuse RMA service and return the item(s) to the senders that do not follow this requirement.
- Ship your defective product prepaid in original packaging with a copy of the RMA email. All claims for incomplete, defective, and missing accessories or products must be made within 72 Hours once merchandise is received.
- You will receive an email stating when the RMA has been closed with notification of action taken.