Shop Floor Automations presents the Behind the Tape Reader (BTR) – it eliminates the necessity of paper tape usage on NC and CNC machines. Shop Floor BTR adds an RS232 or RS422 port to your existing NC and CNC machines allowing sending, receiving, and drip-feeding large NC or CNC.
Why add memory to your machine tool when you can use a BTR to drip-feed from your hard drive or from the internal memory of the BTR? Use any PC with any communication software to transfer to the BTR. The unit will also allow you to load your executive tapes into the machine without headaches. We can convert your tapes to digital files to allow you to eliminate the nightmare of paper tape costs, punch tape machines and storage.
Shop Floor BTR’s include all required tape reader cables/connectors, installation manual, basic communication software for setup and power supply if required. Open Architecture Design. Punch cables are optional and sold separately.
More about Hardware Solutions from Shop Floor Automations:
Do you have a small shop? A large shop? Regardless of your number of machines, or types of controls, SFA has you covered with a complete hardware connectivity suite. Don’t shop around & waste time trying to find the lowest prices – using our 18 years of experience & full support (onsite & digital) will pay for itself with working solutions.
We make our own cables & regularly test hundreds of models of controls with our equipment to confirm what works with wired, wireless, USB, & floppy disk drives for CNCs to eliminate downtime. If you’re ready to get connected, jump over to our online store or call us today!
Click “Brochure” to learn more about the Behind Tape Reader (BTR) from Shop Floor Automations
Delivery and Returns Information
- Most products are stock items and can ship same day if the order is received before 1:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- For large quantity orders, please contact our sales staff for availability and delivery schedule estimation.
- All orders are shipped FOB San Diego. For international order, any duties, taxes, and broker fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient customer.
- UPS is our only shipping carrier, and other carriers will delay shipments. We will ship on your UPS Account if available. Please refer to UPS Website for terms and conditions and guarantee delivery times to your location.
Please inform our Customer Service department immediately if your merchandise arrives damaged. Retain all original packaging and shipping boxes. Proof of damage - usually in the form of digital photographs - is required to confirm a damage claim.
- Product returns in the original packaging condition within 30 days of purchase will qualify for a credit and is subject to a 15% restocking fee and less shipping charge. Shop Floor Automations is responsible for ground shipping charge to ship repaired or replaced units after receiving the failed unit back to the customer. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs to Shop Floor Automations. An RMA number must be obtained before shipping back the returned unit.
- Any unauthorized item or Product will be refused, or the entire shipment may be refused.
- Open and licensed software is not returnable.
- Product failed and reported within 72 hours after receiving will be considered as a DOA product.
- The customer can request to purchase a new unit for replacement and to return the failed unit for credit without a restocking fee charge. It is the customer's responsibility for all shipping costs.
- Shop Floor Automations provides a 90-day warranty on all Products purchased from Shop Floor Automations unless otherwise stated. It is the Buyer's responsibility to directly receive the manufacturer's warranty service from the product manufacturer after the first one year.
- The warranty does not extend beyond the original Buyer of Products from Shop Floor Automations. Shop Floor Automations shall have no obligation to the Buyer with respect to providing any warranty on any Products for which Shop Floor Automations has not received full payment from the Buyer.
- Shop Floor Automations does not warrant any Products that have been subject to improper use, abuse or physical damage, alterations, modifications, additions, improvements, installation, or attachments. Removal of any serial number or warranty labels will also void such warranty of Product.
RMA Return Instructions
- Please contact Shop Floor Automations via phone or email to obtain an RMA approval.
- RMA number shall be issued by the Application Engineer and with an email sent to the customer. The RMA number is valid for 30 days.
- Please mark the RMA No. on every package to be returned. All returned merchandise must have this pre-assigned number. Otherwise, Shop Floor Automations has the right to refuse it.
- All static-sensitive parts must be packaged in an anti-static bag. Shop Floor Automations reserves the right to refuse RMA service and return the item(s) to the senders that do not follow this requirement.
- Ship your defective product prepaid in original packaging with a copy of the RMA email. All claims for incomplete, defective, and missing accessories or products must be made within 72 Hours once merchandise is received.
- You will receive an email stating when the RMA has been closed with notification of action taken.