The following is a copy of the Shop Floor Automations Newsletter – June 2012 issue.
Changes to our Website
We have recently made a lot changes to our website. Our improvements should make things easier to find and better explain what SFA can do for you. While there is still much work to be done, please visit us and provide us your feedback on what you would like to see on our website.
If you already know what you want, look at the “Software” and “Hardware” drop down menus to see all our available products.
If you are looking to improve your shop floor and looking for ideas, go to the “Solutions” drop down for more information on a broad range of topics.
We sell, service and support a wide variety of software and hardware solutions from the industry’s leading manufacturers. We have brought together the best vendors, to make your shop floor run more efficiently and be more productive.
If you are Upgrading to Windows 7
If you are considering upgrading to Windows 7 soon, we want to make sure you are prepared.
Over the years, many of our customers have purchase serial hardware which uses a serial card inside the PC or is connected via a network cable. Most of this hardware was introduced in the early 2000’s and compatibility for this equipment from the manufacturer is no longer supported. We have several options to move forward with new hardware or extend the life of the existing equipment.
- ISA or PCI hardware needs to be updated to Wireless or Wired Ethernet Hardware
- New SIM? Check the SIM on the back of your PC to see if it’s a parallel SIM, plugged into the printer port. This will need to be upgraded to USB SIM.
- Drivers? Hardware uses drivers to communicate between Windows and your machines. Check to make sure your version is the latest and greatest available from our site. If not, call us for help with updates or any other issues with your DNC product.
- Version 9 or newer for Predator
- xtremeDNC can be upgraded to SFA DNC
- Jobpack needs to be upgraded to the 2012 version
- Bigfoot includes free upgrades on web versions
Email us your success story on how SFA improved your shop floor with pictures and (1) winner will be selected from a random drawing for a $100 gift card by 8/3/12