The Industrial Internet of Things
The power of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is more than a fad nowadays; it’s revolutionizing maintenance operations. Nearly every asset in a manufacturing environment has the capability to provide critical information. This capability can come directly from the machine using handheld devices – such as pressure calibrators or multimeters – or machine-mounted sensors to collect and feed critical asset data to a single system of record.
Josh Davids, President and CEO of Scytec, and Paul Lachance, President and CTO of Smartware Group, Inc., collaborated during the “Connected Plants: Capitalizing on the IIoT for Maintenance Optimization” webinar to explain best practices in collecting and integrating asset data for actionable and results-oriented operations and maintenance management.
Access this recorded webinar from Smartware to discover how the IIoT for maintenance and asset condition monitoring can go from buzzwords to reality in your plant operations.
Why Integrate Monitoring and CMMS?
- One interface for input into multiple system
- PCs, tablets, iPads, bar code scanners, etc.
- Reduce training
- Increase communication
- Eliminate dual entry
- Increase data accuracy
The real-time display on the DataXchange dashboard indicates that two machines are experiencing unknown downtime. With the software integration, this information is automatically sent to Bigfoot CMMS.
This software integration instantly knows when and where a problem occurs and automatically begins corrective action.
Reporting Capabilities through DataXchange and Bigfoot Integration:
- Real Time Configurable Dashboard
- User based and company based dashboards
- Timelines, current status, grids
- Part usage (by asset or part), PM parts needed, site comparison, WO summary, KPI summary
- Trend Reporting
- Cycle, unknown downtime, unplanned downtime, PM completion analysis, labor analysis, asset cost analysis
- Desktop and Mobile charting
- Historical and Current status on mobile devices
- User and User Group level Reporting Groups
- Allows the data to be rolled up many different ways