Here is info on troubleshooting SIM Errors –
SIM Wrapper error 0 (0) – No Error
SIM Wrapper error 1 – No Driver
SIMProceed to troubleshooting steps listed under “SIM Wrapper error 5 (0)”
SIM Wrapper error 2 – No SIM
Check the physical installation of the SIM adapter.
Try to install the device to a different port available on the PC.
SIM Wrapper error 3 ” Bad SIM
Contact Shop Floor Automations Support or toll free (877) 611-5825
SIM Wrapper error 4 ” Expired
Contact Shop Floor Automations at via Support or toll free (877) 611-5825
SIM Wrapper error 5 (0) ” Drivers corrupt or not installed for the SIM or invalid codes.
Follow these steps if you have a SIM from Predator.
- Sentinel Protection Drivers must be installed locally on the PC running Predator (Remote Desktop / VNC or any other remote program will not work during the initial setup)
- Remove the SIM from the USB or Parallel port on your PC.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the Sentinel Protection Installer and remove.
- Insert the CD that you received from Shop Floor Automations in the CD-Rom drive and navigate to “Drivers\Sentinel System Driver” folder and double click the “Sentinel Protection Installer 7.1.0.msi”
- After this is completed, insert the SIM into the USB or parallel port on the PC and watch for the Windows notification that the new hardware was been detected.
- Open Predator and if the registration window opens, enter the serial number and access code in the provided spaces.
- If Predator opens, go to the Options menu and choose Upgrade. Enter the serial number and access code here.
- If no errors, verify in the title bar of Predator that it does NOT say “Predator/DEMO”.
- If you do get an error again, proceed to the troubleshooting steps for the SIM Wrapper Error 5 (56) below.
SIM Wrapper error 5 (56) – The serial number or access code is invalid.
Symptom: Codes seem to not update; you are entering the correct codes, but keeps coming up with an error.
- Enter “dncdemo” for the serial number. Leave the access code blank.
- This should bring you up to Predator. Shut down Predator and relaunch.
- Go to the Options menu > Upgrade
- Enter the correct serial number and access codes and hit “OK.”
- If this still does not work, go to Start > All Programs > Predator DNC > Repair All
- If you still get this error code, call our technical support department.
SIM Wrapper error 17 – Wrong Version
- Launch Predator and check the version by clicking “Help” > “About”
- If you have version 4.x.x.x, you should be using a serial number beginning with “04””, if you have version 3.x.x.x installed, you should be using a serial number beginning with “03””
- If you do not have the correct version that matches your installed version, verify that the codes you are using are the correct ones.
SIM Wrapper error 18 – Wrong Product
Follow the above steps for the SIM Wrapper Error 17.