Does Predator DNC software support long filenames?
Yes, Predator DNC supports long filenames, long directory names, names with spaces, shared network drives, and UNC names.
Refer to the following examples:
- Job 1234.NC
- H:CUSTOM PARTSJOB 4567.NC
- \\SERVER1\C\LARGE CUSTOMER\PART No 1234-5678.NC
Predator DNC can also automatically name your files when uploading to the server. They can be “auto-named” using their O-number, a user-chosen name, the first comment in the file, and so on.
What is it? Aiding in the process of Direct Numeric Control (sometimes considered Distributed Numeric Control), DNC software helps with total shop floor control. Via our DNC Communications page:
Manage your CNC programs, machine parameters, & offsets. Enjoy a wide range of CNC communication options from your PCs for drip-feeding, downloading, & bi-directional communication. Upload via parallel, RS232, RS422 Ethernet, & wireless Ethernet for thousands of CNC machines. With Microsoft Office® & Windows® Explorer-compatible user interface (Windows 10 O/S supported), use familiar features for drag & drop, cut, copy, paste, shortcut menus, object-based menus, toolbars, tooltips, & available online help.
Improve CNC revision control while using existing ERP & MES bar-coded paperwork. Eliminate time wasted walking back & forth between your CNC & PC with a Remote Request function. Consider a 32-Bit, Multi-thread, Multi-tasking, Open-Architecture software solution that works wired & wirelessly. Simplify operations with one network for all of your CNC machines, Robots, PLCs, & part makers, grouped by building or cell.
- CNC Editor: Our G-code editor through Predator Software will further help ensure reliable CNC communication. Unlimited file size and file compare. Especially a great companion with CAD/CAM software. Click here for our CNC Editor solutions.
- PDM Document Control – You can finally go paperless. PDM info here.
- Job Scheduling – Our JobPack solution helps you track jobs for customers in real-time and eliminate spreadsheets. More production scheduling info here.