While we are not actively searching for candidates, feel free to submit your resume for future consideration.
Job Title: Field Support Technician
City: La Mesa, CA
Position type: Full time, exempt
Do you like machines? Mechanical things? Are you the “go-to” person about computers with your friends who need tech support? Do you like to tinker and keep busy? Do you like to work with your hands? This might be the career for you.
The Field Support Technician at Shop Floor Automations helps our customers in the manufacturing industry be more efficient and productive. You would play an integral part of that role as you would be installing software and hardware at their facility and providing post-install technical support from the office. Our technicians interface with Hass, Fanuc, Okuma and dozens of other CNC machines as well as the customer’s network.
We are currently looking for a Full Time, Support / Onsite Technician in Southern California. The job is a technical position, which requires expertise with computers, attention to detail, hands-on with industrial machine tools, professionalism, problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. The position will require approximately 50% travel to manufacturing sites, primarily from San Diego to Los Angeles area. We are headquartered in La Mesa, CA and service customers across the United States.
- Installs software, hardware and provides licensing via phone/web.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting software and technical issues via phone/web.
- Educate customers on best practices and provide forward thinking solutions.
- Provide general Windows operating system trouble shooting with hardware and networking.
- Install device drivers; configure networks, gateways, subnet masks, both wired and wireless.
- Communicate with internal sales executives on progress of projects.
- Meet deadlines for projects, follow-up with customers on open issues, and feedback to management.
- Excel in phone etiquette, customer service and professionalism.
- Hands-on making of cables, connectors, soldering, crimping, following schematics.
- Provide service reports, documentation of implementation, manuals and other guides as needed.
- Respond to incoming emails from customers/staff regarding technical issues, challenges and ideas.
- Responds to customer calls, emails and provides web support to customers on software product and hardware solutions. Updates CRM system and support ticket system as resolved, opened or pending.
- After 6 months of proven track record, a billable, hourly bonus is paid for travel.
- Performs onsite service and software/hardware installation at customer’s site.
- Involves travel to the customer’s site. Mostly local or regional. Frequent overnight stays in hotels.
- Company laptop, phone and vehicle is provided, hotel points, per diem, and other perks when traveling.
- Travel expenses paid by company with company credit card.
- Performs various assigned duties (such as support documentation, production of hardware such as wiring cables and adapters etc.).
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and able to share their knowledge with customers and team members.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in Customer Service
- Ability to lift or push 50 pounds
- Understands how to repair computers, build PCs, aka computer guru
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong documentation, verbal and personal communication skills
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Help desk / technical support line experiences
- Proficiency in a Windows operating systems
- Knows how to configure a wireless/wired network, IP addresses, gateway, etc.
- Familiarity with CNC machines
Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs., typically a tool bag or inventory etc. There is significant use of hands and arms while installing hardware onsite, running serial cables and mounting equipment. There can be long periods of standing or walking. The travel component requires the individual to carry bags, stay overnight away from home and manage the entire travel process. This position is based in La Mesa, CA.
Again, we are not actively searching for candidates, but feel free to submit your resume for future consideration to email@example.com
SFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to those looking for a career.
All positions are subject to background checks and drug tests.